Involtini di Prosciutto con Arugula e Pecorino
(Prosciutto rolled with aruglula and pecorino cheese)
- 8 to 10 thin slices of prosciutto
- 8 to 10 shavings of pecorino/parmesan* (from a whole piece)
- 2 bunches of arugula (washed with hard stems removed)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml.) of olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon (strained)
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 15 cured black olives, pits removed (optional)
On parchment paper, arrange the prosciutto in a single layer.
Pour the strained lemon juice in a non-reactive bowl. Slowly drizzle in the oil, whisking constantly. Drop in the arugula, add salt and pepper and toss thoroughly.
Starting at one end of the slice of prosciutto place a small bunch of arugula. Add 1 shaving of cheese. Roll into a roulade making sure it remains intact.
Continue with the remaining slices of prosciutto. Arrange on a plate. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with fresh ground pepper to taste. Garnish with black olives (optional).
SERVES 4 to 5
* In lieu of pecorino, you may use parmigiano, romano or grana cheese.